I was on retreat a few weeks back. As part of the retreat, I had to set some lifetime goals, also known as a bucket list. The best way to keep me honest and to the list is too publish them. Sorry for those marked confidential – need to keep some mystery.
Run an ultra marathon.(Completed May 18, 2013)
- Walk my daughter down the aisle at her wedding.
- Take a Mediterranean cruise with Courtney.
- Earn a Masters’ degree.
- Drive across the country with family in RV for the summer.
- Own a house with a pool.
- Do yoga 3-4 times per week consistently.
- Visit India for an yoga enlightenment journey.
- Run for public office.
- Learn to dance in a manner that doesn’t cause embarrassment.
- See Jimmy Buffett in concert in Key West.
- Go to Burning Man.
- Go to Mardi Gras.
- Live in Sydney for the winter.
- Start an incubator in Saint Louis.
- Get my pilot’s license.
- Put my children through college.
- Become a yoga teacher.
- Fly on a private jet across an ocean to another country.
Buy a new house.(Completed January 6, 2012)
- Own a house/villa in Italy.
Fix my relationship with my grandmother.(Completed before she left us in January 2014)
- Stay in an Ice Hotel.
- Learn to play an instrument, any instrument.
- Ice skating on Christmas Eve in Times Square.
Take a pub trip through Ireland with buddies.(Completed August 2012)
- Learn to surf.
- Own a Porsche/Ferrari/Maserati sports car.
- Do a stand up routine at amateur night.
Have dinner with Steve Jobs or Steve Wozniak.(Good bye, Steve Jobs. Completed dinner with Steve Wozniak January 28, 2014.)
- Fly in a fighter jet.
- Attend the Oscars and walk the red carpet.
- Visit the Playboy Mansion.
- Do the polar bear plunge.
- Have dinner with Dave Chappell.
- Attend TED.
- Write an autobiography for my children and grandchildren.
- Write a book of every lesson I have learned to pass along to my children.
- Create a charitable family foundation.
- Scuba dive in Australia.
- Ride a gondola in Venice.
- Go on an African safari.
- Celebrate my 50th wedding anniversary.
- Spend 2+ weeks in Fiji with Courtney.
Oktoberfest in Munich.(Completed October 2013)
- See the Northern Lights in Scandanavia.
- Spend a summer in France touring the hillsides visiting wineries with Courtney and the children.
- Be a good father.
- Learn to speak Italian.
- Take my children and grandchildren on a cruise.
See Bill Clinton speak.(Completed December 12, 2012)
UPDATED : January 29, 2014.
UPDATED : December 18, 2012.